Whether you wrote down specific set-in-stone goals or just have a vague idea of some improvements you’d like to make in 2022, one thing is certain: to be our best, we all need a little help! We polled the Buy Local Berrien! Facebook group to find out which Southwest Michigan businesses are helping them stick to their New Year’s goals – and we threw in a few of our own favorites to round it out. Enjoy, and be well!
- Lake Side Fit keeps me motivated in being a healthier, better version of myself” – Amanda Stevens.
- Enduring Wellness & Pilates – Fitness & Health Coaching “Karen Martin is a wonderful instructor, but beyond that she inspires you to be your best self in all areas of your life. – Martha Thieneman
- The Aware Lab for Movement and Creativity empowers you with tools to support your body through better alignment. Move with purpose this year!
- Cultivus is perfect for that “I’m going to the gym” resolution! All you have to do is show up! The workout is different every day, they tell you what to do and how to do it, and there’s an option for everyone who wants to move!” – Jennifer Janssen-Rogers
- Fort Miami CrossFit will help you reach your fitness goals whether that is losing weight or getting stronger… both results are achievable with their programming and coaching!” – Lauren Kniebes
- Revive Spa: “Self care is important and a great way to reward yourself instead of rewards of food and alcohol” – owner Nancy Maryniak
- Rested Pillow Mattress: “I’m getting more sleep…at least when my kids let me lay down!” – Kate Crow
- “Yoga Life SJ offers such a wonderful variety of in-person and virtual classes. Their hot power vinyasa is amazing!” – Anne Freer. Sarah Strait agrees – “”Loving virtual yoga from Yoga Life SJ and hoping to fully commit this year. Especially Monday night Restorative with Lisa.”
- Evolve Healing Arts Center in Niles offers massage, reflexology, acupuncture, reiki and more in a tranquil environment.
- The Salt Haven in Berrien Springs offers a truly unique experience. Recharge and rejuvenate with a session in a Himalayan salt cave, shown to improve respiration and skin, reduce headaches, and induce deep relaxation.
- “I LOVE Red Lotus Nutrition in Benton Harbor for pre-made healthy meals. I really don’t like to cook, but try to eat healthy during the week and they prepare meals specific to dietary needs/restrictions, food preferences and weight/nutrition goals.” – Lauren Kniebes
- Zoup! – Offering grain bowls, broth bowls, soups, salads, free tastes and detailed nutrition information so you can make good choices. It’s one of my favorite places to stop in for a quick power lunch.
- “Full Circle Cafe offers vegan/vegetarian, gluten-free, and Keto offerings, and they’re hyper-aware about using local fresh ingredients. I’m a sucker for their salads, tomato bisque, and the pot pies!” – Sarah Spoonholtz,
For more ideas of local businesses that can help you stay fit, healthy, and feeling good in 2022, check out the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber’s directory of Health & Wellness members.
(Contact us if you’d like to be included!)