New Year’s Eve has a reputation as a long, late, champagne-soaked night – not that there’s anything wrong with that! But if your personal preferences lean more toward an early dinner and bedtime, football and beer, or an intensive goal-setting session, you may wonder what’s out there for you. The good news? Whether your personal style is a chill evening and an early bedtime or partying until the ball drops and beyond, Southwest Michigan has something (or possibly several different things!) for you. Here are a few to consider:
- Enjoy a quiet – and early! – dinner for two at Tabor Hill. This prix fixe dinner includes an appetizer to share, soup or salad, and entree for each guest. You’ll take home a bottle of sparkling wine to enjoy at home, and good news: you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy it, because dinner starts at 4 PM. (What better way to ring in 2023 than a gourmet meal, champagne toast, and 8 PM bedtime?)
- Get Grounded And Plan Your 2023 Vision at the Mantra, Meditation, Magick event at The Collective in Benton Harbor, from 6 PM – 7:30 PM. Breathwork, chanting, meditation, and healing sound paired with an intention-setting practice creates the right conditions for boundless possibilities going into 2023.
- Test Your Luck In Style at the Casino Royale Party at the Inn at Harbor Shoes. This 007-themed soiree is sure to please those looking for a high-class – and high-stakes? – welcome to 2023. Dinner, drinks, fireworks, casino games and more: the festivities begin at 7 PM. Make sure to wear your best take on Bond (or Bond Girl) attire!
- Enjoy Live Tunes & Local Brews at the NYE – Last Call Party at Watermark Brewing in Stevensville. The party kicks off at 4 PM with a sound-on watch party of the Michigan vs. TCU game. From 7 PM – 10 PM enjoy live music from the Resurrection Blues Band, and nosh all night on tacos from the La Chula food truck, open 4 – 9 PM. Last call is midnight.
- Dance In The New Year at On The River Tavern in St Joe. With drink specials including champagne cocktails and $3 domestic drafts, plus DJ Koolguy playing tunes from 9 PM – 1 AM, this will be a high-energy atmosphere to close out the old year & welcome the new.
- Hydrate Well & Set Your Alarm to start the 2023 Yoga Life Life-Changing Challenge. Each year, YogaLife offers a new year challenge, and this year they’re upping the ante with the addition of a daily meditation. Offering a variety of class types from ashtanga and vinyasa to gentle and restorative, Yoga Life is a way of life for everybody and every body, and the Challenge is a great way to challenge yourself to show up for yourself in 2023 – plus, there’s prizes. Sign up in advance on the website, and plan to show up for class at 10 AM and/or 11:30 AM New Year’s Day to get your year off to a great start!
No matter your preferred way to ring in the New Year, keep it safe and fun in Southwest Michigan!